Exhausted from time to run through the streets of a big city, I sat down on a bench reserved for the messengers.
The heat was unbearable, and yellow houses grayish teeth chattering, shop signs shining with bright colors here and there peeped a distant solar tower and golden, while the people, tortured by the heat, slow moving, almost sleepy.
A very old man, who was shaking his head, his feet dragging heavily, and leaned on a cane, stood in front of me, looking at me intently. His eyes were sad, discolored and apparently without any thought.
From his chest hung a rope with crosses of various sizes: some of the big, metallic and slightly rusty, others, small, flat and auburn, others smaller and silver - was a collection of all kinds.
a beggar, I thought, was just to poke the pocket for a coin, when the old man, holding his eyes in a strange way and whispering mysteriously, she asked: "My friend, Can you explain what looks like the green? "
" The color green? Hmmm ... the green ... so, the green is grass, like the trees ... The trees are as green as their leaves, "I replied, and began to look around, but you could not see it 'a single tree , it 'a single blade of grass.
The old laughed and took me to a button. "Come with me if you want, my friend, I'm just heading in that land ... I'll tell you a lot of interesting things along the way."
When I rose to follow him, the old man began to tell.
"Long, long ago, when I was young like you, son, a heat wave hovering around. Exhausted by so much running through the streets of a big city, I sat down on a bench reserved for the messengers.
"The heat was unbearable, and yellow houses grayish teeth chattering, shop signs shining with bright colors here and there was peek a distant solar tower and golden, while the people, tortured by the heat, slow moving, almost sleepy.
"I looked at those people for a long time and suddenly I felt a strong lack of lawns, trees ... green - you know, the green of May.
"And at that moment I got up and started walking all my life, trying in vain that green in the city.
"I went on and on, asking those I met on the street, but instead of answering, I donavano these small crosses.
"I climbed up high towers, but for the whole horizon I could not see that the city, only the city, and even a bit 'green.
"However, I have the feeling that there is some green in that land where we are going now, but I'll probably not get there, because I'm old.
"If only we had not so far away, I could really make it to there and I could finally rest - including the smells, the flies that buzz around the green, grass, trees ..."
looked old - laughing as a child, and at the same time crying. We walked for a bit 'without saying anything, until he said "Well, I've had enough, I can not walk anymore, I'll stay here. But you - you continue, unabated. I warn you, the heat will not cease, e non c’è notte su questa strada, ma giorno eterno.
“Sulla strada, racconta alla gente dei prati e degli alberi, ma non chiedere niente, o se lo farai, almeno portati una corda per le croci.
“Bene, ora va’ e sii felice. Io resterò qui”.
Ma non feci in tempo a compiere dieci passi, che il vecchio mi urlò appresso: “Aspetta, figliolo, dimenticavo… va’ sulle grandi torri e osserva: lì sentirai qual’è la strada giusta. E se dovesse essere ancora lontana, e tu dovessi scoprirti troppo vecchio per riuscire a continuare, troverai una panca riservata ai messaggeri, e lì ci sarà sempre tanta gioventù. E ora va’. It should be '. "
This was what the old man said to me, and I continued walking, climbing the great towers and looking around.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Best Workout Shoes For Flat Feet
- Fable - by MK Ciurlionis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment